During your studies you will be taking part in a vibrant student experience, on a safe and welcoming campus and online community. During your time at NCIUL we’ll do everything we can to support you.
All undergraduate students will be allocated a personal tutor or academic advisor who will support you during your academic progression as well as your personal and professional development. Tutors are an invaluable source of information and represent a ‘port in the storm’ for students experiencing problems as varied as, for example, copying with a disability, physical illness, mental health issues, bereavement, financial problems, demotivation all of which can impact directly on your academic performance.
Your academic advisor will assist you by:
- Ensuring students make the most of their time at NCIUL.
- Assisting students to develop responsibility for their own academic progress.
- Encouraging and assisting with reflection on progress to date
- Discussing any problems you might have, including personal problems.
- Liaising with other members of academic and professional staff as appropriate.
- Providing general information regarding examinations and attendance.