From 2011-2015, I was a Lecturer in Law and Politics at Paris XIII-Sorbonne University and Cardiff Metropolitan University (2014). I taught EU Law courses at University Paris – Dauphine London (2017) and International Law and Sports Law courses at the American University of Dubai, UAE (2015). I have been a module leader and developed courses in International Law, Migration Law, EU Law & Politics, International Relations and have worked as a research associate at Columbia University, NY (2005) and Galatasaray University, Istanbul (2008).
|Year Awarded||Qualification||Awarding Body|
|2010||PhD in International Public Law, Political Science & International Relations||Paris II – Panthéon Assas – University, Paris|
|2007||MA in Political Science||Paris IX University, Dauphine, Paris|
|2004||MA in History of International Relations and Europe||Paris IV- Sorbonne University|
|2004||MA in EU Law & Politics, National & Communitarian Policies of the EU Member States||Paris III- Sorbonne University|
|2005||BA in Law||Paris II – Panthéon – Assas – University, Paris|
|2003||BA (Hons) in Modern Languages & European Studies||Paris IV- Sorbonne University|
Honours & Awards
|2006-2007||Scholarship on merits granted by the Foundation of Robert Schuman, Jean – Monnet Centre of Excellence, Paris, France|
|2003 – 2004||Scholarship on merits granted by Paris III-Sorbonne & Paris IV Sorbonne University, Paris, France|
|Professional Body||Membership Level|
|Law Society’s International Action Team, Human Rights Unit||Member|
|European Association for the History of Economic Thought (ESHET)||Member|
Areas of Expertise and Research Interests
I am an interdisciplinary scholar whose work focuses on the evolution of International Law via the spectrum of human rights law, humanitarian law, migration and refugee law.
I specialised in EU and International Law, Politics and International Relations and my research covers all areas of public law and extends to principles and values on sports and minorities rights, legal philosophy, territorial and regional conflicts. More recent work examines the development of the international legal order through the lenses of a triangular legal framework of IHRL, IHL and International Migration and Refugee Law.
Areas of teaching
- International Public Law
- International Human Rights Law
- Migration and Refugee Law
- International Relations
- EU Law & British Legal Systems
- EU Institutions, governance and the UK
- Legal Method Skills and Reasoning
- The Modern Era of Olympism via the spectrum of human rights: equality, diversity and inclusion, IX International Scientific Congress “Sport, People and Health”, Saint Petersburg (Russia), 25-27 Apr. 2019.
- First International Conference on Issues in Globalisation and Human Rights Challenges, Round Table Discussion, American University in the Emirates of Dubai, U.A.E, 3 March 2015.
- International Conference on Sports, Dubai, Sports Management & International Sports Law, Round Table Discussion, Smart Football, Atlantis The Palm, Dubai, U.A.E, 28-29 December 2015.
- Sports & Lex under the Auspices of an International Rex, in Sports Law 22 Years I.A.S.L, Lex Sportiva – Lex Olympica & Sports Jurisdiction Εxperience–Development & Perspective, 20th IASL Congress Proceedings Athens 2014, Organised by IASL & EKEAD, ed. D.P. Panagiotopoulos, EKEAD 2015, pp.74-83.
- Voicu, A.V., Kapogianni V., Stanescu R., Voicu B.I., (2019),‘Legal Harmonization of Sports activities via the Globalization of sport’, I.S.L.R – PANDEKTIS, (accepted for publication).
- Kapogianni V., (2019), The Modern Era of Olympism via the spectrum of human rights: equality, diversity and inclusion, IX International Scientific Congress “Sport, People and Health”, Lesgaft National State, Saint Petersburg University proceedings.
- Kapogianni V., (2015), Sports & Lex under the Auspices of an International Rex, in Sports Law 22 Years I.A.S.L, Lex Sportiva – Lex Olympica & Sports Jurisdiction Experience–Development & Perspective, 20th IASL Congress Proceedings Athens 2014, Organised by IASL & EKEAD, ed. D.P. Panagiotopoulos, EKEAD 2015, pp.74-83.
- Kapogianni V., (2014), The Cornerstone of the Frontierless Sports Law, I.S.L.R- PANDEKTIS, Volume 10, Issue 3-4, pp. 528-533.
- Kapogianni V., (2013), European Union: From the Article 165TFEU to Reality, Lex Sportiva Journal, vol. I, Issue 2, pp. 205-210.
- Kapogianni V., (2012), Επαναπροσδιορισμός της εθνικής-ευρωπαϊκής αντίληψης (Redefinition of the EU Perception), Law Library of Athens Review, Vol. 4-5/2012, pp. 461- 463.
- Kapogianni V., (2012), Αναδυόμενες Περιφέρειες Αυτοδιάθεσης (EU Emergent Regions of Self-determination), Review of Texts of Regional Science, Vol. III, no 1, 2012, pp. 107-113.
- Kapogianni V., (2011), L’évolution de la notion des Frontières & des Territoires dans le processus de la partition (Frontiers and Territories: the evolution of the notion of Frontiers and Territories via the process of Partition), ed. ANRT, Atelier National de reproduction de thèse.